Wednesday 24 February 2016

1st Madras Fusiliers/Neill's Blue Caps Close Ups

I mean't to take these photo's a few days ago to accompany the more scenic pics but real life intervened and it wasn't until this early morning that I was able to find the time to take the pics and edit them. On the subject of editing; please accept my apologies for the discrepancy in size of some of the pics. As my Photoshop won't download onto my now year old laptop I'm stuck using Picassa, where it is not possible to be as accurate in the final sizing of the pics. An inferior program but free so I shouldn't really complain.

Getting the uniforms right was quite difficult. I'd been in conversation with chap who commissioned the Iron Duke Miniatures Indian Mutiny range, Col. Mike Snook via email and he had described to me the types of uniform and the effects of wear and tear in the hot Indian sun. After quite a lot of experimentation I came up with the simple expedient of using the Andrea White boxed set which proved to be just about perfect for the job, giving a 'white' that was 'dirty' enough to show that these soldiers had suffered the ravages of being in the field and fought a few battles. For the rest of the equipment I simply followed Mike's uniform guide lines for 1st Madras Fusliers/Neill's Blue Caps on the following link HERE with my own take on the colours.
        
                                                 







































Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    I love this range and have these figures as well. Your brushwork really brings out the best in these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrel,
    Thats a really good rendition of white. This colour? has been the holy grail for me, and I have never got it right yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job, they look superb, your work on the uniforms is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words chaps :>)

    I have to say that although challenging they were a lot of fun to paint.

    @Robbie, after quite a bit of experimenting I started with the second darkest shade from the Andrea White set and highlighted up with Vallejo model Colour Ivory to pure Ivory.

    Cheers,
    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment