Monday 1 June 2015

Partizan May 2015

Hi,

I had a great day out at Partizan yesterday. I got to meet up with old friends and put faces to some names to boot. Many thanks to Bob for driving down and offering me a lift in the first place. The return train journey was quite quick or was I just knackered? :>)

Here's the lowdown on the games that caught my eye- it is by no means a comprehensive view of all the games but rather a slice of what I fancied- except for one game that had attracted so much attention that I couldn't really get near it all day!

Typically, I forgot to pick up the leaflets that were freely available with most of the games so I may have made the odd error in naming the games so please don't hesitate to leave a comment if I've screwed up!

Simon Miller's Boudica Game

(I'm guessing that this was Dog and Bat Productions?)














Mr James Morris (and Paul Scrivens Too!)- Verdun:

(Mr Scrivens Added due to his prolific painting!)















North Star- Frostgrave:



The Sudan:











La Haye Sainte:






Agincourt 15mm:


Thirty Years War:





WWII- North Africa:












The Alamo:








Battle of Yarmuk- Flats:



That's it folks. Hope you enjoyed looking at the pics as much as I did seeing the games.

Bye for now.

18 comments:

  1. Great photos Darrell! I never got got a proper look at the games in the main hall, so most welcome to see them- some super work there. Was splendid meeting up. Best, Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon- I've forgotten to e-mmail the pics to you matey- I'll do it right away.

      Actually having to do it through Google Drive. As I haven't done this before can you let me know when/if you receive the files please mate?

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. Hi Darrell, good to see you yesterday and you bagged some great photos.
    Looks like you got better pictures of our game than I did.
    Despite what it said in the program it was indeed a Morris, Scrivs and chums production.
    Best Regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I thought as much re: name on program- the actual program is somewhat misleading as it doesn't mention the type of game that is planned to it's hard to glean any information off that either :>)

      Thanks for the compliments about the pics- but don't forget, it the game didn't look so good nor would the pics :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great pics, Darrell - makes me wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evan, you should try and make one of the Partizan shows as they're a very friendly affair and the show is centered around putting on the highest quality games that are out there.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  4. Darrell, these are images of superb games. I was absorbed with repelling the wave after wave of feral franchies at the AMG game - I missed most of the rest of the show. GREAT day though!
    See you at Durham?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Dave, i caught a glimpse of you when I was looking for Michael Perry (who was also looking for me)- you'd think that one of us would have had the sense to stay put until the other found them...... I thought Michael, being a sensible chap would be doing just that! He must have thought the same for me..... LOL :>)

      Delete
  5. Super photos Darrell! Thanks so much for taking these and posting them for people like me who would have loved to get there, but couldn't. Some terrific games on show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos of some great looking games Darrell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to share the love Rodger :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  7. Nice gallery. I wish I could be there. I will think about Partizan next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're moving venue next year to somewhere with better light so if you plan on going to Partizan I'd wait until it has moved to get the best out of the experience.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  8. Great looking games, the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos - will try to be there next year..its on the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth it Eric, the quality of the games speaks volumes :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete

Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment